We are not connected to any energy provider
so who are we?
Community Energy Direct is a non-profit support organisation for local volunteer-led groups (Energy Smart Clubs) to help households within the community to resolve energy issues.
We help our volunteers (Energy Smart Champions) to set up their own local knowledge hub (Energy Smart Club) for anyone who wants help to find out about energy and how to use their home in a more energy efficient manner.
• CED is a not for profit community benefit society
• Since 2008 we have been working to ensure people can afford to adequately heat and power their homes.
• Our challenge is now more urgent than ever before with 38% of respondents to a recent survey now having to chose between eating and heating.
• In December 2012 CED was awarded £233k by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) which enabled the kick-start of the Energy Smart Club model.
• The Community Energy Direct programme is based on a tried and tested grassroots engagement model which seeks to support and empower local community champions.
Your local Energy Smart Club will not recommend, sell or promote anything to you on behalf of third parties unless local members agree that doing that would be a benefit to the local community.
Your local Energy Smart Club is on your side and will not represent any private interests.
Your local Energy Smart Club will give help by providing support, information and access to advice. You will not be bound by any contract.